It’s never too late to start thinking about social media marketing and the impact it can have on your organization. Social media is on the rise and in today’s society, it drives success and innovation for companies across the world. LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram; these are just a few of the platforms that can transform the way you market your brand and business!
It is important to keep in mind that both your company and personal pages are important. Personal pages can really help boost the message of your corporate brand. As of the writing of this article, personal pages on platforms like LinkedIn get preferential treatment from the LinkedIn algorithm (the programming behind the platform that decides how often your posts are shown and to whom). So, you may find that there’s better engagement and reach on your personal page, but you still need to drive interest to your company page as well.
So…how can you boost your social media presence? Here are just a few tips on how to get started:
Find the Right Platform for Your Goals
- Determine what your business goals are and start aligning these goals with popular social media platforms
- LinkedIn is good if you are looking to expand your professional network and build relationships with other professionals, coworkers, clients, etc.
- Facebook is good for reaching a wide and varied audience
- Instagram is good if you’ve got a lot of visual content
- TikTok is even good if you’re trying to appeal to a younger audience, looking for younger talent, or like to get creative with video content
- Figure out what each platform offers in terms of their features (analytics, sales, posting capabilities, etc.) and decide what matters the most to you
Ask Your Employees and Friends to Follow
- Reach out to your employees, friends, and clients to make sure they follow you on these platforms
- Request that employees share, like, or comment on the content you post; this will increase your engagement and catch the attention of your audience
Create Photo Content
- Post visuals that stand out from the crowd and will interest your followers
- Use bold fonts, bright colors, graphics, and fewer words
- Create a fun title, catch phrase, or description that connects to the graphic
Shoot Video Content
- Take short videos or clips of employees in your office, working on a project, or at an event and post it
- Release video content that explains a process, method, your product and how to use it, or even employee training segments
Share Your Business-Related Thoughts
- Create your own article sharing best practices, lessons learned, or tips from your own business experiences
- Encourage others to share their thoughts on a topic to kickstart a conversation or business relationship
- One of the biggest things that companies forget when they get started on social media is this idea…BE SOCIAL. Respond to people when they comment, comment and share other people’s posts, thank others for their contributions and start and build new relationships
This is just a quick list of ideas to get you started. You don’t have to do all or even most. The goal is to just get started! Start by posting, commenting or sharing once or twice a week and build from there. You’ll be on a good rhythm before you know it.