- Plainsboro, NJ (2 positions available)
- New York, NY
- Lakeland, FL
CompassMSP has been providing high-quality technology solutions designed to solve complex business issues since 2002. We offer a full range of secure IT services including managed IT, cyber security, cloud solutions, hosted VOIP and software development services. We are well positioned for significant growth in the coming years, and currently, have an opening for a Talented and Friendly Network Engineer II.
For more information, please visit: https://compassmsp.com/
An ideal candidate will have real world experience providing technology and direct support to businesses. The ability to implement solutions based on a business’s needs are critical. This is an opportunity for a rewarding career in the rapidly growing Information technology industry.
Responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Answer Help Desk phones
- Create client tickets and provide support
- Track and accurately manage ticket details
- Support Windows Desktop and Mac Desktop Issues
- Review Log files and update the tickets or reports. Logs may include backup, antivirus, RMMand/or Firewall
- Watch the consoles for new alerts, escalate to Senior Service Desk or Engineer as required
- Portal management
- Complete the overnight patching schedule, tracking to ensure back online, create Patch Report
- Perform preventative maintenance to workstations and systems including movement, lifting and disassembly as needed for cleaning, etc
- Install System images, Install & Configure Software
- Travel to and from clients work sites with personal vehicle
- Maintain proper documentation of systems, licensing, applications, and network topology
- Learn client environments and applications to perform all service requests from client
- Troubleshoot problems
- Installation of physical computer equipment including switches, workstations, monitors,printers, scanners and associated technology
- There will be a requirements to work outside normal office hours to undertake routine maintenance or resolve problems or during implementations and upgrades.
- Participation in after hours on call duty
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1-3 years of strategic IT engineering experience.
- Solid hands-on experience in a client environment
- Can participate in on call and after-hours support
- Can write clear and concise documentation of what you did during a repair or implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized and can manage yourself with minimal oversight
- Have reliable transportation, as you will be going onsite for client repairs and implementations
Must have most of the following technical experience.
- Windows Server
- Experience required with Windows desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Experience with Terminal Services
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Working Knowledge of Wireless Technologies
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver’s License
- Microsoft; VMware VSP
- Comptia Network+ (regional)
- Comptia A+ (regional)
The individual must possess the willingness to continually gain knowledge of new technology and use cases.